Have been considering a fat reduction procedure to help rid yourself of unwanted fat? If so, you’ve likely come across both CoolSculpting and SculpSure as possible procedures. Though both provide the same end result they do it in entirely different ways. But knowing which procedure is right for you can be confusing. In this article we will help you to understand the difference between the two procedures in order to help you find the right fit for you.
Always remember that when considering a fat reduction procedure, it is best to speak with a professional. Consider reaching out to a member of our Body Clinic team for help with finding the right procedure for you.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting, or cryolipolysis, is a non-surgical fat reduction procedure that uses cold to remove or reduce fat cells. CoolSculpting uses cold to freeze fat cells in desired target areas. By freezing the fat cells in your targeted area, the cells are destroyed and over time become eliminated by the body. Only areas treated will be affected by the procedure.
Some areas of the body such as the chin, arms and back are challenge for fat loss. Even people who are at their ideal body weight struggle with fat loss as fat cells do not disappear with diet or exercise, only shrink in size. CoolSculpting removes the fat cells entirely and treated fat cells will not return.
What Is SculpSure?
SculpSure or lypolysis is also a non-surgical fat reduction procedure. Unlike CoolSculpting, SculpSure uses heat through the use of a laser to target fat cells. By heating the fat cells, the cells become damaged. The body then naturally eliminates these cells and are then permanently removed. Like CooSculpting results are not immediate but take time. Typically results are seen 12 weeks after the procedure.
Just like CoolSculpting. Sculpsure is used to remove unwanted fat from difficult target areas on the body. Sculpsure is a good solution for those wishing to remove fat from the chin, arms, back and love handles.
What Are the Main Differences?
Both CoolSculpting and SculpSure achieve the end goal of fat removal. But the manner in which the goal is achieved is different.
- CoolSculpting uses freezing to remove fat cells.
- SculpSure uses heat to remove fat cells.
- CoolSculpting takes longer with most areas of the body taking 35mins to complete. SculpSure is typically a 25 min procedure for most areas of the body.
- CoolSculpting may be more comfortable for some patients. Those with sensitive skin may find SculpSure uncomfortable if they find the laser treatment hot. CoolSculpting numbs the skin and is typically not painful.
- CoolSculpting is better suited for those wishing to remove more fat.
- SculpSure is a good option for those who only need a little help with excess fat removal.
In principal CoolSculpting and SculpSure are similar. They are both effective treatments for fat removal. It should be noted that both procedures are not intended for weight loss. Patients looking to obtain either procedure should be as close to their ideal body weight as possible.
What Are the Side Effects?
Whether you choose CoolSculpting or SculpSure there is minimal risk involved. Both procedures are non-surgical and non-invasive. There is little to no recovery time needed after either procedure. Both procedures may cause the following;
Typically, the side effects associated with SculpSure and CoolSculpting are minimal. If you have sensitive skin, you may be more prone to side effects, but all are temporary and should improve within a few days. Always be sure to discuss possible side effects with you care provider prior to treatment.
Do They Really Work?
Both CoolSculpting and SculpSure are safe and effective procedures. As noted above, diet and exercise do not remove fat cells, only shrink them. So no matter how fit and healthy you are unwanted fat may still be present in certain areas of your body. Unlike weight loss these procedures will eliminate the treated fat cells entirely. These cells will not come back.
Though fat cells are eliminated with both CoolSculpting and SculpSure it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to retain results. By gaining weight after your procedure you may reduce the visual appearance of your results though the treated cells won’t come back. This is why it is important that those wishing to undergo fat reduction treatment be at or near their ideal body weight.
Which One Is Right for Me?
Both CoolSculpting and SculpSure are good options for fat reduction. But which one is right for you? In order to make the right decision for your needs you may wish to consider the following;
- How much fat am I looking to reduce? CoolSculpting may be better suited to someone looking to remove more fat. Always remember that you should be at or near your ideal body weight before obtaining either procedure.
- What is my pain tolerance? Though SculpSure is generally not painful it may be painful for those with sensitive skin. If you find that you are sensitive to heat CoolSculpting may be ideal as it numbs the skin.
- How quickly do I want results? You can expect to see results around 12 weeks with Sculpsure. You may see results sooner with CoolSculpting as you may begin to see changes as soon as four weeks after your procedure.
Always remember that it is a good idea to speak with a professional before choosing a fat reduction procedure. A professional, such as a member of our team at NewDermaMed Cosmetic and Advanced Laser Clinic can help you better understand the procedure and answer your questions.
We believe that CoolSculpting is the ideal treatment option for fat reduction. Safe, easy and non-invasive CoolSculpting will help you to achieve your desired esthetic and remove unwanted fat. For more information on obtaining CoolSculpting under the chin, on the arms, neck or even muffin top see our CoolSculpting Treatment page. Let us help you to both look and feel you best.